Monday, September 10, 2012

Colorful Fall

     I'm not sure why but I have been in love with all things Fall recently.  Maybe its the fact that school has started or that the temperatures here in Oklahoma have started to drop (it no longer hits 100 every day).  Or maybe it could be because of my new love affair with all things Pinterest.  I had alot of free time while we were in the guest house waiting for our house to be ready and I spent much of it pinning all the wonderful things I wanted to do for our new home.  One of those things was a super cute wreath for our front door.  I put it together today and I just love the way it turned out!  I wanted something that would work from now through Thanksgiving and I think this just hits the mark.

It was so simple to make and it really pops on our front door, please excuse the dents and sratches that's Army housing for you.  There are only three supplies needed and they are all available at my favorite store, Hobby Lobby.  To make one of your own you'll need: Tulle, I used five different colors but you can do any combo that you like.  A wreath form and something to decorate it with, I went with coordinating flowers.  Just cut the tulle to length (21") and tie it on the wreath form and then add your decorations when you are done. I'll try to get a tutorial with in depth instructions and step by step pictures up in the next couple of weeks, I think a winter wreath is now on my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment